Arithmetic Asteroids is a Google Docs variation of a classic card game, Lightspeed, used in unplugged classrooms.
- Open the linked file and make a copy.
- Look at the math operations and take note of possible combinations of cards that create solutions.
- There is at least one solution that uses all ten spacecraft exactly once.
- Each empty space may be occupied by one spacecraft.
- There may be more than one solution, so please do not be upset if a classmate arrives at a different solution during class discussions or group problem-solving; use your reasoning and critique skills to communicate.